Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kids say the darndest things.....

I love my kids. They are a great source of constant entertainment in my life. Those of you who have the pleasure of knowing my kids know that they are like their mother in the fact that they sometimes say thing without thinking it out first. Yesterday just happened to be one of those cases.

Abigail received her report card yesterday, all A's and O's (even in handwriting which is a big deal for her). She was so excited to come home and tell me. She got home and ran over to show me the progress report and I was beaming with joy. She sat down to do her homework and I decided to call my mom for our daily chat.

In the course of normal conversation, it was brought up that Abi had a great report card. So, being the proud Nannie that she is, my mom requested to speak with the genius of the family to relay just how proud of her she was.

Abi got on the phone and walked out of the room because she doesn't like people listening in to her conversations. After a few minutes she walked back in the room and she was saying, "I'll just let you tell mom about that, k? Love you, bye," and she hands the phone back to me.

My mother was laughing so hard I couldn't understand a single word she said. I had to pause a minute so she could compose herself and calm down enough to speak clearly. When she had settled down she asked me if I had been listening to the conversation, I simply said, "obviously not, or I would be laughing as hard as you". Mom had simply told Abi how proud she was of her for getting good grades in every subject. Now normally someone would respond by just saying "Thank You" but not my child.

Abi's response was this,"You know who else could get good grades? Maddie, she could get straight A's in farting right now because she is sitting behind me and farting! They don't stink or anything but they are as loud as Daddy's farts and she is doing a good job!"

From the mouths of babes.......

1 comment: