Saturday, February 13, 2010

Those of you who have kids have the same arguments with your children, clean your room, brush your teeth, eat your dinner, don't hit your sister, you know all the good ones.

Well today was one of those days for me. We had a sleep over last night with one of Abi's friends, so, yesterday afternoon was spent "cleaning up". We all worked together and got everything put in its place and the house was clean. The sleep over was fun for everyone. So, we get up this morning, have breakfast and then go about our day. Our sleep over guest was picked up at 10:15, and yes, of course, the house is messy again.

So, I put on my mommy hat and start barking my orders. Brush your teeth, get dressed and clean your room. Abi goes and does what she is told (shocker I know) and Buddy goes into his room only to come back out in about 5 minutes.

Buddy comes and curls up on my lap and looks up at me and says,"Mommy, why do I have to clean my room again?" I simply say, "because I'm the Mommy and I said so." He is quiet for a minute, then he looks up at me again and says,"I don't know why you make me clean my room all the time, you know I am just going to mess it up again. I thought you were a smart mommy?"

I said, "Buddy, Mommy is smart and if you were smart you would get off your butt and go get that room clean before I throw everything away for you not doing what you were told." He gets up walks down the hallway only to turn around and come back and hug me and then look at me and say,"I love you Mommy, even if you are mean and make me do not fun things."

He then scampers off and cleans his room with no more questions. How am I supposed to respond to that?

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Buddy is one amazing kid! I just can't get over his amazing communication skillz and response!!

    ReplyDelete